Friday, August 6, 2010

Examination of 2nd Paper Argument.

I had a discussion at work today with a group of 4 friends. We started talking about Cause and Effect.  I brought out my paper and read it to them.  They commented all the way through my reading.  Essentially, they had no difficulty accepting the argument. In fact, there was no real challenge to our points.  Their valid comment was that it was difficult to tell how true what we said was, because they were not looking at the website.  Very true.  For something like a website review, it's difficult to accept things at face value.  This is really a third or fourth person account of what the organization is about.  I accepted their argument and suggested they review the website. Logically, our paper hung together well.

In truth, I do not accept website reviews.  I need to see for myself.  In a way, I have the same approach to advertising claims.  This makes it very hard for me to buy on the Internet or by mail unless I am familiar with the product.  Even 'satisfaction guarenteed' is not a draw to me. I know from experience that even if I'm dissatisfied I will rarely take the trouble to ask for a refund.

No comments:

Post a Comment